List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: Vim 7 with MzScheme? (cont.)
From:       Sergey Khorev <sergey.khorev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-19 5:45:53

(Sorry for a delay - I have new employer now, which limits the email
activity, so I was forced to buy modem :))

> > I'll go back to Vim versions without +mzscheme.
>
> Right, because DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME is not yet implemented, which is what
> lets the executable run even when the DLL is not available.  Right now
> the executables are linked to the DLLs and so they must be available in
> the PATH to work.  As soon as someone makes DYNAMIC_MZSCHEME work, it
> will be much more useful.  So, are there any volunteers? :)

There are some difficulties with that: MzScheme dlls are exporting
global variables, which are hard to use with GetProcAddress
(especially with mingw). If someone will instruct me on how much *'s
to use to get _real_ variable, I'll definitely do it. Till now I
wasn't able to get reliable results.

--
Sergey Khorev
http://iamphet.nm.ru