List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: highlight cursor in Cygwin
From:       "Antoine J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck () belgacom ! net>
Date:       2004-08-26 16:16:26

Eljay Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com> wrote:
> Stupid question...
>
> How do I set the highlight the text cursor in Vim 6.3 on Cygwin?
>
> (The text cursor, or caret, not the "mouse cursor".  I'm not running
> in graphics mode, I'm running Vim in text mode in the Cygwin bash
> shell.)
>
> I'd like to do...
>
> > highlight Cursor cterm=BOLD ctermbg=1 ctermfg=7
>
> ...but that doesn't seem to do what I'd expect.
>
> Thanks,
> --Eljay
>
> Note...
> TERM=cygwin

I may be wrong, but I believe that for Unix-like console Vim for Cygwin you
must do that outside vim, or not at all.

I notice that the 'guicursor' option is usable only in the GUI, or in Dos or
Windows console vim. In console vim for W32 (where, typically, $TERM == ""
and &term == "pcterm") you could do exactly what you say above you "would
like" to, and your block or underline cursor would, IIUC, appear in
lightgrey (with blue letters if any).

Regards,
Tony.