List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Plugins
From:       Jeff Lanzarotta <jefflanzarotta () qcsoftware ! com>
Date:       2003-01-28 15:35:38

Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone has talked about this before, but I will through
this out to the group.

Is it possible to come up with a *Plugin Menu*.

The reason I ask this is that as I use Vim more and more and download
more and more user created plugins, my Vim menu-bar have various menus
created directly by some of those plugins.

What I am purposing is let's say a *Plugin* menu. If a plugin author
wants to have his/her plugin off the menu, they would simply add a menu
item under the new *Plugin* menu for their plugin. This would allow for
better organization and give Vim a less cluttered look.

I wouldn't expect all the existing plugins that use menus, to have to
change to conform with this so-called standard, unless they wanted to,
but it would possibly be nice for future ones.

Ideas?

Regards,

--
Jeff Lanzarotta

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
		-- Mark Twain