List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: problem with vim & perl 5.8 (core dump)
From:       Joergen Haegg <jorgen.hagg () axis ! com>
Date:       2003-01-28 4:30:47

In message <BAY2-F130HZqYW8BYXi00022463@hotmail.com> you write:
>> From: Joergen Haegg <jorgen.hagg@axis.com>
>>
> Just wondering, but are you using a Vim binary compiled against 5.6.1 and
> then upgrading perl to 5.8.0 and seeing this problem?  If so, then the
> problem could be binary incompatibility between the two perl releases.  Do
> you have the same problem if you compile Vim from scratch against the 5.8.0
> perl?

No, actuallay I'm using Debian, and their sid distribution has been
converted to perl 5.8.0. So the vim binary I first used was the
distributed Debian binary.

But I recompiled the vim package myself to check if that was the problem
and to get the debug information I sent to the list.

So to answer your question, yes, vim is recompiled from scratch
on a perl 5.8.0 machine.