List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Doc: Compiling Vim on Win32 Howto
From:       "Dan Sharp" <dwsharp () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-01-13 2:47:14

>From: Ben Siemerink <siemerink@lucent.com>
>
>The HOWTO came perfectly on time for me and helped a lot! Great
>initiative!

Glad it helped!

>* Could you list the exact commands per compiler? Such as: "for BCC5:
>  make -f make_bc5.mak".
>
>* Add in the text the URL where to get the patch command from.
>
>* Add the URL for downloading the patches. The vim.org site is not
>  clear on that one and it took me a while to find them.
>
>* Add detailed instructions for applying the patches. (Go to directory
>  x and execute command x).
>
>* Someone listed a command for Unix: "cat .... | patch --batch ..." Do
>  you know something similar for Win?

If you went by the version attached to the message you replied to, then that
was version 0.1.  I have updated it quite a bit since then.  I guess this
would be as good a time as any to load the newest version.  I have just
posted HTML, PDF, and text forms of Version 0.4 at
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/SharpPeople/vim/howto/index.html
I think it helps expand a bit on the very areas you mentioned.  Let me know
if it provides enough information.

Dan Sharp