List:       vim-dev
Subject:    RE: using vim with gtk2, gnome2, bonobo
From:       Jason Hildebrand <jason () peaceworks ! ca>
Date:       2002-11-20 16:11:27

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 03:59, Philippe FREMY wrote:

> Jason, do you plan to put the bonobo code directly in vim or will you make
> the bonobo component use the GtkSocketPlug to access the vim ?

Hi Philippe,

I am planning to put the code directly into vim.  As far as I understand
it, the socket/plug approach offers no capability to merge the menus and
toolbars into those of the container application -- it's pretty much
just like embedding an X-Window, right?  But by putting the bonobo code
directly in vim, this should be possible.

What approach did you take with kvim?  I saw in (some) of your
screenshots that you have toolbars.  Did you have to write your own
toolbar code in kvim, or were you able to use some of the code in vim
for that?

--
Jason D. Hildebrand
jason@peaceworks.ca