List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: Bug in menu wraparound in Motif GUI, vim-6.1.159
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2002-08-22 14:53:23

Douglas Potts wrote:

> Looks like the menu bar and command line get goofed when you have a menu
> that is longer than the width of your window.  My particular example,
> Help is pushed off of the right side but not wrapped onto the next line
> (don't know what the behavior is supposed to be for this though, wrapped
> or an indicator that the line is longer than the width).  Likewise, the
> command line height (even though ch=3D1), is 2 lines worth, and stays that
> way, even if you resize the window enough to get 'Help' to be visible,
> until the menu entries that were pushing it off the end are removed.

This probably depends on what Motif library you use.  Apparently they
often do not (properly) support more than one row of menus.  Vim does
make a second row when using a ":menu" command that adds a menu.
Resizing the Vim window doesn't change it though.  That's with Lesstif.

Fixing this will be complicated, but it should be possible.

10E. You start counting in hex.

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
///   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   \\\
\\\           Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.a-a-p.org           ///