List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: Arabic & Vim-6.1
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2002-03-26 21:12:04

Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> As promised, I've updated the Arabic patch against VIM-6.1; it does
> everything that is required for full Arabic support (sans Bidi).
>
> Here are the relevant links (mini-project page, patch file, CVSweb)
>
>   http://www.arabeyes.org/projects/vim.php
>   http://www.arabeyes.org/download/external/vim/arabic_shape61.patch
>   http://www.arabeyes.org/cvsweb/projects/external/vim/

Thanks for making the update.

> For help regarding the patch and what to do, make sure to read the
> README file in the CVSweb link noted above (last link).  I'm not
> sure what Bram's plans are for 6.2, but if they are going to include
> "new" features I would really like to see this patch incorporated :-)

I'll first await comments for a few weeks.  If there are no big problems
with 6.1 and I appear to have enough time, I might start including a few
new features.  But I'll be very careful, only good looking patches will
be included.  I don't want to make 6.2 less stable.

Try Scott Johnston <scott@kintana.com>.

--
Every engineer dreams about saving the universe and having sex with aliens.
This is much more glamorous than the real life of an engineer, which consists

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
///   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   \\\
\\\           Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.a-a-p.org           ///
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///