List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: KVim 6.0 development
From:       Joseph Edward Miele <jemiele1 () tampabay ! rr ! com>
Date:       2001-11-04 15:46:32

Mik -

I tried out the November 3 tarball. The "make install" works perfectly,
no problems! :-)

Next, I tried out the toolbar. (First off, I noticed that you updated
the README file in the November 3 source. Very cool.) I copied the
menu.vim from the Kvim source to /usr/share/vim/current for SuSE Linux
7.3 to replace my current menu.vim. Then I launched kvim from a konsole
session. Upon startup, kvim started, but it also reported the following
message on the konsole session:

Can't open file /usr/share/vim/syntax/nosyntax.vimgui_mch_show_toolbar:
show: 0 : icons,tooltips 1

I did a find for this file, but it doesn't reside anywhere on my system.
Is this something kvim specific?

Despite this message, I tried :set guioptions+=T, but all it did was
overwrite some of the version information that normally displays when
kvim starts up.

In summary, two issues remain before I can really start beating on kvim:
1. Toolbar/menu isn't running.
2. Font selection dialog. The hard coded font is very hard to read and I
can't really test kvim with it.

Hope reporting all of these nitpicky little issues are helping you out. :-)

- Joe