List:       vim-dev
Subject:    Re: KVim 6.0 development
From:       Mickael Marchand <m.marcha () alemtid ! asso ! fr>
Date:       2001-11-04 12:49:43

Pleased to ear it works for you :)

so, the Makefile has been corrected from 03/11 concerning the make
install problem
the font problems is a big one with KDE, today i will try to add the
font selection dialog, then i think we will see if that's enough or if
we need more work on this point  (which i think will be),
for KDE2 , i have disabled AntiAliased fonts in  kvim (looks really
ugly) and i have 'hard' compiled a default font which looks fine on my
computer, but maybe it's not a good choice for you.
Concerning the toolbar, you're right the README.kvim is really out of
date, to get  menus and toolbar you need to copy the 'menu.vim' file
provided (top level directory) where are your vim files (something like
/usr/share/vim/), this allow the KDE gui to get  menus and toolbars.
For the toolbar, make sure your guioptions contains T (:set
guioptions+=T)

thanks for your support,
Mik