List:       vim
Subject:    Re: 2 questions
From:       "Cory T. Echols" <ctechols () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-09-06 12:10:35

On 09/06, Cory T. Echols wrote:
> :execute "/"c_word
>
> Unfortunately, <cword> seems to always expand such that it has a space
> in front of the alphanumeric characters (in 6.0au, anyhow).  I haven't
> looked at the docs very closely, so I don't know if this is correct
> behavior or not.  It certainly wasn't what I was expecting or wanting in
> this situation, though.

I guess I should have experimented more before posting this.  However,
the unexpected behavior was not due to erroneous expansion of <cword>.
Rather, I had given you the wrong form of the :execute command.  You
should use the following:

:execute "/".c_word

Notice the dot before c_word.  The dot is the string concatenation
operator.

--
Cory T. Echols
coryechols@yahoo.com