List:       vim
Subject:    RE: How to use gvimdiff on loaded buffers
From:       reva.revadigar () autodesk ! com
Date:       2001-05-30 20:59:39

The second one worked!  Thanks Bram.

Thanks.
Reva.
x78211

-----Original Message-----
From: Bram Moolenaar [mailto:Bram@moolenaar.net]
Sent: May 30, 2001 1:30 PM
To: reva.revadigar@autodesk.com
Cc: vim@vim.org

[Vim 6.0 alpha warning!]

> 	I am using vim6.0 ad ALPHA on W2K.
>
> 	If I have two files already loaded in two buffers, how can I use gvimdiff to compare
> 	those two buffers?  The way I do it now is to exit gvim and then do
> 	gvim -d <first file> <second file>

You could set the relevant options manually, but that's a lot of work.  The
simplest is to ":hide close" one window and then ":diffsplit {filename}" in
the other one.  Or use ":vertical diffsplit {filename}" to get a vertical
split.

--
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
(((   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   )))
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///