List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Vim 5.7 in HP-UX 11.00
From:       tra () mrbean ! stibo ! dk (Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen)
Date:       2000-10-30 16:38:59

* BILBAO Pablo GESI <SIDTBPA@SIDERCA.COM> [Oct 28. 2000 00:17]:
> I want to install Vim 5.7 in a HP-UX 11.00 workstation with X11 and CDE. I
> followed all the instructions but when I ran
>
> ./configure
>
> in the output appears that no X environment was detected . No GUI support.

configure does not try very hard to locate the X11 files, so they may be
placed in a non-standard location.   Solaris does this.

See "configure --help" to see the exact options for pinpointing
configure to your X11 files.  You need one for the include files and one
for the libraries.

If you have trouble getting these to work, then check the config.log
file for the exact messages.  You may have to remove the "config.cache"
file manually.

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen                   "...sound of... Tubular Bells!"
  http://bigfoot.com/~thunderbear