List:       vim
Subject:    Kudos for 7.0
From:       "Lance Orner" <lance () orner ! net>
Date:       2006-03-30 19:38:20

As a general programmer, I've been using Vim for years for all of my
C++, C#, Perl, logfile, ect. editing.  Some colleagues still think I'm
crazy for not using the editor in Visual Studio, and although the VS
editor has gotten better over the years, I've still converted a couple
of people.

After getting the emails, I finally downloaded 7.0.  Wow, this is fun!
 Spell checking (even for my code), omni completion, tabs -- it's
great to see these new features, and they seem to be done well.

I still stand humbled when I see somebody that can really make Vim
sing when using it, but I try to add more tricks as I go along, and
it's amazing to know that I've got a good editor that I can be
continually amazed at the feature list.

Thanks to Bram and the entire development team.

--
Lance Orner (lance@orner.net)

I am Dyslexia of Borg. Prepare to have your arse laminated.