List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Shell window within Vim
From:       "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck () skynet ! be>
Date:       2005-09-30 10:48:23

Narayanan S. Iyer wrote:
> Requirement:
>
> I need a special window within Vim where I can interact directly with
> the shell. i.e., a window which acts as the shell itslef - I should be
> able to type in shell commands and these should be passed on to the
> shell and the output from the shell should be updated in this window
> periodically. Parallelly, I should be able to work in other windows
> which are open.
>
> Could anyone help with this ?
>

> Regards,
> Iyer

This has been discussed many times on this list, the last time was this
week. At present, IIUC the "latest" news on the matter is: such a
feature is not going to be included in the "official" sources at any
foreseeable future time; there exists an "unofficial" patch, but only
for Console vim on Unix-like systems; the gvim version is in the works;
for more info, check this week's postings.

Best regards,
Tony.