List:       vim
Subject:    Re: newbie grep question.
From:       "Tony Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck () skynet ! be>
Date:       2005-09-28 7:07:04

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Leenman" <ELeenman@greefa.nl>
To: <vim@vim.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:55 AM
Subject: newbie grep question.

> Hi,
>
> How do you scroll trough the results of grep in gVIM(on WXP)?
> When I give the command
> :grep for *.c
> I get:
>
> (1 of 125): for (....
> Hit ENTER or type command to continue.
>
> How can I scroll through that list that contains 125 results?
>
> Rgds,
> Eric
[corporate disclaimer snipped]

To go to next item
    :cn[ext]

To go to previous item
    :cp[revious]
or
    :cN[ext]

To see one line per item in a separate window, where you can hit Enter on
any of them to see the corresponding file
    :cope[n]

The grep (also helpgrep or, in Vim 7, vimgrep) results are displayed as an
"error list" which is accessible by "quickfix" commands, see ":help
quickfix.txt" for details.

HTH,
Tony.