List:       vim
Subject:    Re: :Info and mkview
From:       "Antoine J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck () belgacom ! net>
Date:       2005-02-27 19:07:09

Marc Weber wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sometimes I want to read the complete info pages of a program to know
> about most of it's features. But because they are often long I don't
> want to read all of it at once. So I thought of using the mkview command
> to store the position where I was reading the info file. But mkview and
> source/loadview doesn't work with info files. Any ideas for a
> workaround?
>
> Marc

The current cursor position is in the viminfo file (if your 'viminfo'
option is properly set) for all files in the history, and there are
autocommands somewhere in the vimrc_example.vim to restore it whenever a
file is opened. If you source the latter you should already have them.

Check
	:help 'viminfo'
	:view $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim

HTH,