List:       vim
Subject:    Very simple syntax highlighting
From:       Gabriel Birke <strauchdieb () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-09-30 7:14:03

Hello!

I've got a text file with the following format: A date in the format
dd.mm.YY, linebreak, some text lines with breaks, an empty line.

I want to highlight the dates with a syntax file but until now I had no
success.

The syntax file looks like this:

syn clear
syn match xDate +\d\+\.d\+\.d\++
syn sync minlines=50
hi def xDate Identifier

it is in ~/.vim/syntax/Journal.vim and I can load it with ":set
syntax=Journal". The ":syntax list" command lists the xDate element
correctly. What am i doing wrong?

Gabriel

--
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the
more thieves and robbers there will be." --Lao Tzu