List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Help with vim colors
From:       panshizhu () routon ! com
Date:       2004-08-31 2:35:11

I'm not good at it too, but...

As far as I know, vim is not able to show good colors in TERM vt100. The
'ls' command is using a different way to show colors.

I had tested on my three different platforms, proved that when TERM set to
vt100, vim become monochrome.

The best terminal for vim is certainly: xterm. which is available in all X
distributions.

Hope someone who had experiences with vt100 can help you.

--
Sincerely, Pan Shizhu, ext: 2221