List:       vim
Subject:    recording in insert mode
From:       Neil Zanella <nzanella () cs ! mun ! ca>
Date:       2004-08-21 19:17:26

Hello,

I would like to issue a commands, such that, upon the next time I enter
insert mode, all edits are recorded, until I hit the ESC key. Then I
would like to issue another command, such that on the next time I
enter insert mode the recorded text is inserted. This could be
useful because it may be (as often is the case), that text
needs to be inserted somewhere with the 'i' command and
somewhere else with the 'R' command (insert vs. overwrite).

Is there a way to attain the given functionality in vim?

Thanks,

Neil