List:       vim
Subject:    Re: php compiler
From:       Gabriel Birke <birke () kontor4 ! de>
Date:       2004-05-27 7:14:01

> I get nothing but "shell returned 1" now.
> Am I doing the right thing? I'm typing :make.

Yes, everything is fine. As long as there is no parsing error in your
code, the shell will return 1. This is the standard return code of grep
when it hasn't found anything (error messages in this case).

Try leaving out semicolons or closing braces in your code - you will
get other return results.

Remember however, that the PHP "compiler" doesn't check for undeclared
functions, uninitialised classes, etc. Only parsing errors are checked.

With best regards

Gabriel Birke

--
KONTOR4_Neue Medien