List:       vim
Subject:    Gvim, Mac OS X and terminal settings
From:       Gabriel Birke <birke () kontor4 ! de>
Date:       2004-05-25 12:33:46

Hello!

I have a self-compiled X11 version of Vim running on Mac OS X 10.3.
When I call :shell or :!lynx from gvim, I have a very minimalistic
shell environment: No history or readline support, TERM set to "dumb",
lynx and man pages don't display properly, etc.
When I call :shell from the terminal version, everything is ok.

How can I get a fully functional terminal environment from gvim?

With best regards

Gabriel Birke

--
KONTOR4_Neue Medien