List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Cannot execute menu entrys (gvim Windows)
From:       Benji Fisher <benji () member ! AMS ! org>
Date:       2004-03-29 15:33:23

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 11:46:35AM +0100, Hofmann, Joachim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> for a short time some of my menu entrys did not work as they did before.

     Using "did" suggests to me (a native English speaker, lucky me!)
that it did not woek "for a short time" but then it started working
again.  I assume you mean that the menu entries "have not worked," that
is, they are still broken.

> It seems that gvim gets confused with spaces in the menu names, although I
> am quoting these.
>
> Example:
>
> 50amenu &Resourcen.Menu\ GUI.gvim\ Source\ Menu :source $VIM/menu.vim<CR>
>
> gives something like this (a weird string) in the bottom status line:
>
>                                >úXEURÿX>OEUR 3,5           All
>
> After one second, vim flashes/beeps. The command for the menu entry has not
> been executed.
> If I remove the spaces, it works, but it did work with spaces earlier!
>
> (gvim 6.2 Windows 2000)
>
> Anyone has a clue whats wrong?

     Not really, but maybe I can help you diagnose it.  After the menu
entry has been defined, what does

:menu Resourcen.Menu\ GUI.gvim\ Source\ Menu

tell you?  (See :help :redir for how to record vim's response.)

HTH					--Benji Fisher