List:       vim
Subject:    removing highlighted text from the screen
From:       Neil Zanella <nzanella () cs ! mun ! ca>
Date:       2004-03-11 22:50:50

Hello,

When I search in vim with / or ? I end up with the words I searched for
highlighted as expeted. Eventually though, I want these to go away because
the highlighted text makes it hard to read what is on the screen. So what
I usually do is /foooooooo which is something I know I don't have in my
file to make the highlights go away. Is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks!

Neil