List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Ideal setup for LaTeX
From:       Avram Lyon <lyonavra () grinnell ! edu>
Date:       2004-02-29 7:52:05

This is all I use, in my .vimrc. I'm not sure how you plan to see what
you've produced, if you don't have any graphics system, but here's
something:

au bufenter *.tex map <F1> :!latex %<CR>
au bufenter *.tex map <F2> :!xdvi -hush %<.dvi&<CR>

If you need to print, just replace xdvi with dvips and change the flags
accordingly. There are, of course, complete sets of macros for LaTeX,
but I find them to be more a hassle than I'm interested in.

  - Avram Lyon