List:       vim
Subject:    Re: interactive registers
From:       Benji Fisher <benji () member ! AMS ! org>
Date:       2003-04-30 16:43:47

Nagyon Álmos wrote:
>   Hello vim-fans,

[snip]
> My questions are:
> -How can I catch the left-click event?

:nmap <LeftMouse> <LeftMouse>:call LeftClick()<CR>

> -And that where it happened?

      The LeftMouse() function can test whether you are in the special register
window, with expand("%"), and where on the line you are, with line(), col(), and
getline().

:help functions

> -Or it would be much easier to create n windows
> and copy the often-used-values into them, and
> redefine the left-click to copy the content of
> the whole buffer into register * ?

      That depends on how many there are, and personal preference.

> -Or, on the whole,
> how do you, vim-experts and gurus, do this?

      I have not tried the regview plugin, but if I have

@a = "foo"
@b = "bar"

displayed in a side window, I would rather type "ap then switch windows.  In TeX
files, where line breaks are flexible, I often put

complicated$^{\hbox{\rm expressions}}$ that get repeated

on lines by themselves, and then use <C-X><C-L> to recall them

:help ins-completion

HTH					--Benji Fisher