List:       vim
Subject:    RE: WinXP right-click edit menu
From:       "Dan Sharp" <dwsharp () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-02-04 18:14:46

>From: <vim@cox.net>
>
> > Also, as of patch 6.1.149, you can automatically select 2-4
> > files and open
> > them in diff mode with the "Diff with Vim" option.  Really
> > nice for quickly
> > comparing different versions of a file.
>
>I don't seem to have this feature even though I'm running 6.1.284.  I can
>see "Edit with multiple Vims", and "Edit with single Vim", but not "Diff
>with Vim".  Am I missing anything?
>
>This would be one of the features I've been craving for.  8-)

You will need to compile gvimext.dll separately, since it is not done
automatically by the Vim makefiles.  Look in the vim61\gvimext directory for
the source.  You can use the MSVC++ or Borland compilers, or if you have
time, you could lok at the vim-dev archives from last month and get the
patches to compile gvimext.dll with the MinGW compiler.  The README.txt in
that same directory should get you going.

Dan Sharp