List:       vim
Subject:    Re: After files
From:       "Dan Sharp" <dwsharp () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-01-27 22:00:01

>From: "Scott LaBounty" <slabounty@nexatechnologies.com>
>
>I am trying to add a file to the vimfiles/after/ftplugin directory
>(specifically ruby.vim) to add some simple macros when I edit ruby
>files. When I begin the file with the standard:
>
>if (exists("b:did_ftplugin"))
>     finish
>endif
>let b:did_ftplugin = 1
>
>it doesn't get loaded. I'm assuming because the ruby.vim in my
>vim61/ftplugin directory is already loaded. So ... what does everyone
>else use here for this? Is there a standard for after ftplugin variable
>names?

Just leave it out.  The check is so that you can easily disable the standard
ftplugins.  Since you are loading an 'after' ftplugin, you already expect
the regular plugin to be loaded, so b:did_ftplugin will always be set.  If
you are trying to create a method so that your 'after' plugin can be
disabled, then just change the variable name to something more unique, like
just b:did_after_ftplugin .

Dan Sharp