List:       vim
Subject:    Re: which vim for windows ?
From:       "Dan Sharp" <dwsharp () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-01-24 15:07:33

>From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org>
>
>As I am going to need to develop under windows, I'm looking at the
>different vim choices, and there are quite a few. Since my development
>include compiling gtk apps, I could recompile gvim using mingw32 (it
>seems to be supported, according to the faq). Otherwise I'll just get
>some executable version, but I wonder how important OLE support is (is
>it used only for integrating with visual studio ?)
>
>So what version of vim under windows do you use ?

The easiest is just to get the gvim61.exe installer and use that.  It will
install the binaries, runtime, and set everything up for you.

If you decide to compile one yourself, I would point you to
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/sharppeople/vim/howto/ and hope it helps you,
and perhaps garners some feedback on what would help it out.  I have just
loaded version 0.6 of the docs.

Dan Sharp