List:       vim
Subject:    Re: i_CTRL-O : Bug or Behavior?
From:       Bram Moolenaar <Bram () moolenaar ! net>
Date:       2002-12-30 21:36:55

Naveen Chandra wrote:

>     If I want to insert some text repeatedly, I usually type
> '[count]i' insert the text and on typing <Esc>, the text
> is inserted [count] times. This works fine. But while
> entering the text if I use <C-O>, execute one command, and
> start inserting more text and then type <Esc>, my text
> is no more inserted [count] times. Is this a bug or behavior
> of <C-O>?
> :h i_CTRL-O doesn't give much details about its behavior.
> I use vim 6.0

When you use CTRL-O you may use any command.  It's not easy to repeat
the inserted text after that.  Since repeating the text typed before the
CTRL-O is probably not resulting in something you wanted either, the
count is simply ignored.

231. You sprinkle Carpet Fresh on the rugs and put your vacuum cleaner
     in the front doorway permanently so it always looks like you are
     actually attempting to do something about that mess that has amassed
     since you discovered the Internet.

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
///          Creator of Vim - Vi IMproved -- http://www.vim.org          \\\
\\\           Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.a-a-p.org           ///