List:       vim
Subject:    Re: Toggle 'modified' flag
From:       "Antoine J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck () belgacom ! net>
Date:       2002-12-30 3:23:01

Klaus Bosau <kbosau@web.de> wrote:
[...]
> Hi,
>
> of course you're right, but the buffer referred to isn't changed at all,
> Antoine - in fact it's empty. This is the buffer list when the script is
> source'd
>
> >   3 %a   "[No File]"                  line 1
>
> and this is the buffer list after source'ing plugins, scripts and so on
> has ended
>
> >   3 %a + "[No File]"                  line 1
>
> The problem is that I can't control what happens after the script is
> done. Is there a way to set the buffer number back to one prior to
> exiting?
>
> Happy new year!
>
> Klaus

If you want to have buffer 3 become buffer 1, a recent discussion in this ML
told us, from highest authority :-), that it wasn't possible. Note that :ls
doesn't show 'unlisted' buffers, but :ls! does. What you show means that
initialization has opened three buffers and delisted or wiped the first two
(or maybe opened more than three and delisted or wiped all of them except
number 3). I wonder wat caused buffer 3 (the current [NoFile] buffer) to be
marked as modified. To see where it comes from, it might be instructive to
do

        :verbose setlocal modified?

in the buffer in question, with the question mark

see
    :help 'unlisted'
    :help :ls!
    :help :bw