List:       vim
Subject:    Re: "screen capture" yanking folded sections?
From:       "Tim Chase" <gumnos () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-12-11 18:46:37

> How does this work on Windows?
>
> I tried this, kept Ctrl and Shift pressed while dragging. Yes, the folds
got
> selected, but when I did Ctrl-C or "ay nothing got yanked.
>
> It is as if Vim doesnt know about the selection (I guess thats by
design).

> So how can I actually copy/paste the selection somewhere else?

I got it to do its magic by
1) drop to the colon prompt
2) highlight the desired text, and then
3) ^Y

The highlighted text is now in the system (*) register, so "*P will dump
the contents (or pasting in another app).  It took some experimentation to
figure that one out, but it seems to work fine.

-tim