List:       vim
Subject:    Friggin' Alt Keys...
From:       Arker <arker () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 21:45:19

Hey all,

I've only been using Vim for a short while now (about a week) and everything
seems to be going quite well. The only problem I'm having is that the
<M-anything> binds will not work for me. I've downloaded some nice vim
scripts like auctex and a few others and they require these to work.

Even without any scripts loaded, if I try to map something to a Meta/Alt
bind, it will not work so I am wondering if there is some obscure setting that
I need to set or that I have inadvertantly set that is messing me up.

I'm using Gentoo Linux and vimming in aterm and gnome-terminal and a regular
old PC keyboard with no Meta keys (just Alt). They do not work in gvim
either.

I must be missing something....

Cheers,
Arker