List:       vim
Subject:    Dragging the statusline with the mouse behaves different on different systems
From:       Christl Timon <me () christltimon ! de>
Date:       2002-10-31 19:09:07

I resize windows in vim using the mouse, and found something strange
yesterday. The behaviour of dragging the status lines differs between my
vim at home (case A) and my vim here at university (case B). The
difference is a follows:

In case A: I start dragging a status line, but the windows above and
below it are not shown resized until I release the mouse button. Then a
repaint is triggered.  In case B: I see immediate repaints.

gvim behaves like B in both cases.

The question is: why is this so, and how can I fix it (in other words,
make vim behave like in case B in both cases).

The strange thing is, the system is pretty much the same: the same xterm
of XFree4.1, the same X resources pertaining xterms, almost the same
./configure switches at compile time, almost the same patch level,
exactly the same .vimrc. The only thing that's different is the Linux
distribution (Redhat @ uni vs Gentoo @ home). I would be glad if someone
could help me, or at least give me some hints. Thanks in advance.

--
Timon Christl <me@christltimon.de>
AIM: sgmfragcollector