List:       viavoice
Subject:    [viavoice] problems with TTS on Redhat 7
From:       "Heinz Wolter" <hwolter () sympatico ! ca>
Date:       2001-01-30 22:12:52

------=_NextPart_000_00C9_01C08ADF.E144DAA0

I'm trying to get TTS 5.0 running on a Redhat 7 system.
Attempting to run cmdlinespeak/file etc from the samples
directory yields "segmentation fault" and nothing else.

I recompiled the two cpp files and got the same seg faults. Any ideas?

Should I revert to RH6.2  or load gcc2.91 to get the old libstdc++
6.1-1.so2 ?

Also, I'm running an SBLive card which otherwise runs flawlessly on RH7,
but I saw something on IBM's site about some problems with it. Is there
a known working -preferred- soundcard I should be using. I would have liked
to use my old PAS16 since it has a very clean digitizer (better than
SBLive) but the RH7 modules just got too confused and it wouldn't work. Same for OSS.

Finally - what happens when the 90 day trial period runs out on the linux SDK's?
Is there a huge license fee to keep them going or is it covered with a
Windows SDK?

I'm new to ViaVoice, so please excuse if any areas were already covered
- I did look in the archives and couldn't find the answers.

Thanks,
Heinz Wolter

---
For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux visit \
http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html. To view the archive of \
submissions visit http://viavoice.sparklist.com. To view the Frequently Asked \
Questions visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html. To remove your \
subscription to this list, simply send a note to: \
remove-viavoice@laser.sparklist.com. If you are experiencing any problems using the \
list, please send a note to viavoice-owner@laser.sparklist.com.