List:       viavoice
Subject:    [viavoice] Andrea Auto Array Mic
From:       Steffen Tacke <tacke () RTNA ! DaimlerChrysler ! COM>
Date:       2001-01-17 18:55:31

Hi,
does anybody use an Andrea DSDA Auto Array Microphone together with ViaVoice ?
I don't have anything success with voice recognition and this mic. As far
as I see, there is a somewhat more background noise coming thru this mic
because it is very sensitive.
Also if I listen to any recordings made with this mic, there is always a
steady (not to loud) background noise. I don't know if that is due to a
shortcut or a lak of grounding or something like this (maybe caused bye the
soundhardware).
Does anybody have any kind of experience with that mic ?

regards
Steffen Tacke
DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology North America Inc.
Smart Vehicle Group
1510 Page Mill Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94304
USA
ph: (650)-845-2531
fax:(650)-845-2556
email: tacke@rtna.daimlerchrysler.com

---
For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux visit \
http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html. To view the archive of \
submissions visit http://viavoice.sparklist.com. To view the Frequently Asked \
Questions visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html. To remove your \
subscription to this list, simply send a note to: \
remove-viavoice@laser.sparklist.com. If you are experiencing any problems using the \
list, please send a note to viavoice-owner@laser.sparklist.com.