List:       viavoice
Subject:    [viavoice] Sm Session API is not open
From:       Roadrunner <edgar () parafoil ! net>
Date:       2000-05-29 18:51:40

Hello everyone, I have a question.

I wrote a program in C++ which connects to the ViaVoice speech
recognition engine and spits the recognized text to standard error.
This program works perfectly when I run it from the command line

edgar@tornado ~/bin>./runEngine  (runEngine has the environment settings
which in turn calls engine, the
                                                            C++ program)

I can see the IBM proprietary message and when I start talking, it will
spit the recognized text onto the screen.

Well here is my problem.  I also wrote a Java program that will execute
the C++ program and I'm hooking the standard error of the C++ program to
the Java program.  However, when I run the Java application I get the
following errors.
    SmRequestFocus: SM Session API is not opened
    SmMicOn: SM Session API is not opened
    Set: SM Session API is not opened
    SmMicOn: SM Session API is not opened
Does anyone have any suggestions or advices.  I have no idea why this is
happening

---
For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux visit \
http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html. To view the archive of \
submissions visit http://viavoice.sparklist.com. To view the Frequently Asked \
Questions visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html. To remove your \
subscription to this list, simply send a note to: \
remove-viavoice@laser.sparklist.com. If you are experiencing any problems using the \
list, please send a note to viavoice-owner@laser.sparklist.com.