List:       viavoice
Subject:    [viavoice] Re:  Others languages than english
From:       Rafael Larrosa Jimenez <rafael () picasso ! scai ! uma ! es>
Date:       2000-05-24 7:05:19

> > Well, we bought the VV Windows SDK to solve the problem with the
> > languages, and tried to install it, but it was impossible.
>
> 	Argh :-(

Fortunately, now it isn't impossible :-)

> > Does the support for other languages from the windows VV really work
> > on linux ?
> >
> > So, in some days I will try again to install it, I will post my
> > results if someone is interested, or will post the problems looking
> > for help :-).
>
> 	Oh yes, I'm interested since I have to use a voice recongition
> 	system un French under Linux in an embeded system (robot) for
> 	my PhD. I only have a few month to make it work :-(
> 	I couldn't find something else more advanced (maybe STRUT in
> 	University of Mons in Belgium)...

Thanks to the help of the IBM people, I have solved all the remaining
problems. Now it works in Spanish better than I thought. It is incredible
how it recognizes without training.

The problem was in the case of the files, I had already changed most
of them to match the En_US files, but there are files that doesn't
match with any of the En_US directory, after looking at the file error.log
(~/viavoice/temp/error.log) I found that it contained the correct case
for each of the files, so it was a matter of making some scripts to change
the filenames.

Good luck,

Rafael Larrosa Jimenez
rafael@picasso.scai.uma.es

---
For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux visit \
http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html. To view the archive of \
submissions visit http://viavoice.sparklist.com. To view the Frequently Asked \
Questions visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html. To remove your \
subscription to this list, simply send a note to: \
remove-viavoice@laser.sparklist.com. If you are experiencing any problems using the \
list, please send a note to viavoice-owner@laser.sparklist.com.