List:       viavoice
Subject:    ViaVoice-DL: brief hello and RFC.
Date:       1999-12-16 1:35:17

Hello All,

Just a quick message to say hello.  I've been looking through the archives
and have noticed a familiar face or two (hi Vaughan).

This past weekend I was playing around with the ViaVoice Outloud speech
synthesis engine for Linux, and did a total rewrite of the cmdlinespeak
code included with it.

http://www.plumb.org/tekmage/source/spk2_0.0.1.tar.gz
http://www.plumb.org/tekmage/source/spk2/

I rewrote it to take advantage of the STDIO input and output pipe
structures, turn -v and -vs into the \`v and \`vs voice-altering commands.
It speaks any quoted arguments as pre-pipe text, like a spoken header, and
I added a -done switch to provide a post-pipe piece of text to speak.

On my todo list:  add a default eci.ini location, search path, and command
line -eciini command-line switch.

If anyone has a moment to try it out and make any suggestions, I'd greatly
appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andrew.

--

Andrew Plumb, VE3SLG
mailto://andrew(at)plumb(dot)org

For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux
visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html. To view the
archive of submissions visit http://viavoice.sparklist.com. To view the Frequently \
Asked Questions visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html. To \
remove your subscription to this list, simply send a note to:
remove-viavoice@sparklist.com