List:       viavoice
Subject:    Re: ViaVoice-DL: Conflicts between ViaVoice/Xvoice and realplayerG2 alpha?
Date:       1999-12-08 5:09:31

> I'm running all the latest versions of G2, Xvoice, and
> ViaVoice and don't seem to have those conflicts. I'm
> wondering if it's the order in which the programs were
> installed. I'm running on COL 2.3 and had G2 installed
> already. I then installed ViaVoice and Xvoice later. I
> downloaded the .tar file for xvoice and the .bin
> version for G2. That may also be why I'm not getting
> the same results as you. Have you tried installing the
> .bin version of G2 ? It maybe worth a try if you did.
> Good luck.

Thanks, I replaced the rpm-version with the .bin version, which
may be more stable.

After a lot of poking around, I found out that the malfunction was
due to the fact that the Andrea Microphone adapter (attenuator)
had been accidentally yanked out and one of the wires inside was
broken (probably making intermittent contact).  Since I resoldered
it either Xvoice/ViaVoice or  and a real player are working again.
But since both are using the sound card's DSP only one can work
at the time.
The next problem I have to attack is how to make ViaVoice a
recognize my private vocabulary. Thanks to all who sent
suggestions. This message was dictated using X voice.
 only minimal corrections where necessary.
--
Hardy

For information about the IBM ViaVoice SDKs and Run Time Kits for Linux
visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/sdk_linux.html. To view the
archive of submissions visit http://viavoice.sparklist.com. To view the Frequently \
Asked Questions visit http://www.ibm.com/software/speech/dev/faq_linux.html. To \
remove your subscription to this list, simply send a note to:
remove-viavoice@sparklist.com