List:       viavoice
Subject:    Re: ViaVoice-DL: ViaVoice for Linux
Date:       1999-07-19 19:37:51

We run linux applications on FreeBSD all the time. The emulation layer is very
thin -- we just trap the system calls and repackage the syscalls to native
freebsd calls.

Now if we can do that then I expect that it should be trivial for other linux
distributions
to run ViaVoice's sdk. The only gotcha is the kernel  32 bit signals vs 64
signals which
ViaVoice was compiled against -- a real bummer for me for otherwise I would had
ViaVoice running on FreeBSD 8)

Say does anyone have any experience with SB Live with ViaVoice on rhl 6.0?
The latest SB Live sound driver from Creative Labs supports rhl 6.0.

	Enjoy

--

 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com