List:       viavoice
Subject:    RE: ALSA woes (was: Re: ViaVoice-DL: viavoice :: training and linux)
From:       Xenitellis S <S.Xenitellis () rhbnc ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-06-11 11:01:51

Hmmm(2)...
Another quick and dirty (using only linux) trick is to get the trial version
of the OSS sound driver (www.opensound.com),
and install it. It does a very nice autodetection.
Then, do a
	cat /dev/sndstat > /root/THE_CORRECT_IRQ_IO_ETC.txt
remove the driver and put the values in /etc/conf.modules for the kernel
sound driver/alsa driver.

Simos