List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-vx] Weird problem in VCS
From:       John Cronin <jsc3iii () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-28 12:43:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

When you manually shut down the zone, VCS will notice an "unexpected offline
not initiated by VCS" and run the clean entry point, which will detach the
zone.  Because it is non-critical, VCS will not fail the service group over,
but it will "clean" the resource (move it to a full offline state, as VCS
defines "offline").

As an alternative to manually rebooting the zone, did you try clearing the
fault on the Zone resource in VCS and then bringing the Zone resource online
in VCS?  That should work.

I just noticed you have been sending this to the veritas-vx mailing list -
the veritas-ha mailing list is more specifically for VCS.