List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    [Veritas-vx] Re: enable a disabled volume
From:       Daryl.Mitchell () us ! o-i ! com
Date:       2005-09-23 21:09:39

yeah, its clean.  I just fired them all up with:

vxvol -f -g emce110054dg startall

thanks

             Doug Hughes
             <doug@eng.auburn.
             edu>                                                       To
                                       Daryl.Mitchell@us.o-i.com
             09/23/2005 05:01                                           cc
             PM                        stepfenbowling@yahoo.com,
                                       <Veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
                                       ,
                                       <veritas-vx-admin@mailman.eng.aubur
                                       n.edu>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: enable a disabled volume

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 Daryl.Mitchell@us.o-i.com wrote:

> Sorry for the first miss-labeled email...
>

>              Daryl A
>              Mitchell/User/O-I

>              09/23/2005 04:48          "Dhiren Patel"
>              PM                        <dhiren_patel@symantec.com>

cc
>                                        "stephen bowling"
>                                        <stepfenbowling@yahoo.com>,
>                                        Veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu,

veritas-vx-admin@mailman.eng.auburn
>                                        .edu

Subject
>                                        RE: [Veritas-vx] veritas
clustering
>                                        (Document link: Daryl A Mitchell)
>

> EMC was testing a card in my SYMM and when we pulled one of the 2 paths,
Vx
> DMP bugged out and hung.  I'll figure that out soon.  But after a reboot
> get:
>

> v  rTR01_sybsys_log fsgen    DISABLED 209714   -        ACTIVE   -
-
> pl rTR01_sybsys_log-02 rTR01_sybsys_log DISABLED 215040 - RECOVER -
-
> sd emc01aC6w-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-
> sd emc01cD7w-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-
> sd emc01aD9w-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-
> sd emc01cC8w-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-
> sd emc01aC8w-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-
> sd emc01cD9w-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-
> sd emc01aDBw-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-
> sd emc01cCAw-13 rTR01_sybsys_log-02 ENABLED 26880 0     -        -
-

> How do I recover my volumes?  (theres a bunch)

well, since your only plex is disabled, the only thing you can do, if you
are sure that your volume is clean, is to use vxmend fix clean
rTR01_sybsys_log-02, then you can start the volume (and fsck)