List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-vx] Need help.
From:       Darren Dunham <ddunham () taos ! com>
Date:       2005-09-21 20:12:36

> Respected Managers,
>
> Can anyone help me out on my below concern (or) any
> managers / group site same like volume manager for
> veritas netbackup, please kindly let me know.

Veritas netbackup is next door ->
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu/
veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu

> Do you have any idea about any
> free ware tool or any option in ufsdump so that
> backups can be taken in encrypted form.

Well, you could always do a
ufsdump 0f - <fs> | crypt | dd of=/dev/tape/whatever

Such solutions can be fiddly, and you have all the normal problems of
how you get the key into the encryption/decryption step without
revealing it, and how you might manage said keys.  Losing a key would be
very bad.

There are hardware products out there that would handle any application,
but can be very expensive, and don't eliminate key management issues
(although they can help).

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com