List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-vx] Veritas Volume Replicator Slow
From:       "Mark Schipper" <mschipper () lightsurf ! com>
Date:       2004-02-18 18:08:58

Hmmm...

Not too familiar with USB disks or JBOD on NT (lucky me)...but I'm going to
guess that your bottleneck is either the disk config or more likely your
hub. You really need 100Mbit full duplex to get the most out of your NIC's.
I would start by replacing your hub with a 100 Mbit switch, or a crossover
cable (they're pretty damn fast). Check both NIC's afterwards to verify
100Mbit/full. At that point you might expect to see up to 10MB/sec xfer...if
your storage can keep up.

If your hub is a 10Mbit hub, you are getting the performance you should be
(1MB/sec).