List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    RE: [Veritas-vx] Problems with jnic > Hitachi
From:       "suhas oka" <suhas_oka () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2001-08-31 1:52:31

Hi Dale,
My 2 cents to help this are
1> Both the paths should be defined in the sd.conf file.
2> Pls check the fcaw.conf file also.
   i. in case of direct connection the "fca_nport" should be equal to
      0 and in case you are going to HDS through a switch (such as
brocade or Inrange) then the " fca_nport" should be set to 1
Hope this helps....

Cheers..
Suhas
Espen,

We have Hitachi set up with DMP on 3 6000's.  We are also using JNI
cards.  I can see the same disks on 2 paths both through the format
command and vxdisk list.  Do you have both paths defined in your sd.conf
file?  Each path will show up on a different controller.  I have found
that any problems with identifying the disks is usually a SUN problem
and they don't have a clue how to fix it.  I have had LUN's come up the
wrong size and SUN didn't know what to do, finally Hitachi told me how
to fix it.  Right now we are working on failing the disks over with
First Watch and are experiencing some problems.  Probably a DMP issue
with First Watch since we can manually import and deport the disks on
each machine.  How do you like the 4800?

dale