List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-vx] (no subject)
From:       "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk () QueerNet ! ORG>
Date:       2001-05-31 1:02:04

On Thu, 31 May 2001, rajesh shah wrote:
> One of my disk is in disable mode, when i am looking the output of vxdg.
> All these 5 disk are Raid 5 ( raid manager).

Your disk's not disabled -- the diskgroup configuration copy on that disk
is disabled.

Not every disk has its config copies enabled; doing so would cause every
config or state change to require huge amounts of I/O on many systems.
Instead, Volume Manager spreads copies across controllers and targets to
reduce the likelihood of a single failure losing your diskgroup config.

Don't worry.  Everything's fine.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk@QueerNet.ORG
PO Box 14309		                                San Francisco, CA 94114