List:       veritas-vx
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-vx] Problem while adding new drives
From:       "Avijit Pathania" <apathan () globalcrossing ! com>
Date:       2001-05-23 19:59:14

A big thanks to folks for providing inputs to this problem.

I am happy to say that the problem of Veritas not initializing the new
drives has been fixed. After we added the drives I did not label them
running the format command. That is why even though the OS and Veritas were
seeing the new drives, they failed to get initialized.

>From what I saw in the log files and the error message codes it all pointed
to DMP. All that was required was to label them and then initialize them
using vxdisk -f init <device name>.

Thanks again for all your help.

Avi