List:       veritas-ha
Subject:    Re: [Veritas-ha] VCS 5.0 MP1: issue probing disk-group !?
From:       Pascal Grostabussiat <pascal.grostabussiat () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-22 8:11:09

Part of the main.cf.

I created a test_SG to make things easier which contains only one
resource, test_DG, which is linked to the dba_DG disk-group. I took that
dba_DG since it is the one I took as example so far, but as a reminder,
I have the same issue with all disk-groups: all disk-groups behave
properly using commands on the command-line or the VERITAS Enterprise
Administrator, (no warning, no errors). However, in the VERITAS Cluster
Manager disk-group resources remain in status unknown ("?" mark) because
of apparently probing issues on both systems/nodes !?

Note that if I import the disk-group manually, it's status remains
unkown in the GUI, but the volume-resources related to that disk-group
(for dba_DG) are probed successfully and shown "online" in the GUI. So
the probe issue is related to disk-groups only.

Licensing is OK, with permanent license, for VxFS, VxVM and VCS.

bash-3.00# uname -a
SunOS ..... 5.10 Generic_127127-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

group test_SG (
        SystemList = { A = 0, B = 1 }
        )

        DiskGroup test_DG (
                DiskGroup = test_DG
                )

        // resource dependency tree
        //
        //      group test_SG
        //      {
        //      DiskGroup test_DG
        //      }

The header of the main.cf looks like this:

bash-3.00# more /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf
include "types.cf"
include "OracleTypes.cf"

cluster testcluster (
        UserNames = { admin = fkl......ki }